MICRA K12 BOOT SWITCH

L

LooPrEvil

The boot (hatch back) on a Micra will not open when the switch is depressed. Having looked at the switch it is badly corroded, so I thought I would remove it and short connections to see if the motor still worked, but nothing happened.

The only way to open the boot at the moment is by operating the mechanism manually from inside the vehicle. Does anybody have any idea's on how to get it working without paying silly money to Nissan to replace it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
More than likely it'll be the locking motor itself thats gone AWOL - when you press the rubber switch above the number plate you should hear the motor whirr. Likewise when you use the plip on the key.
Its worth trying the motor factors first before surrendering to Nissan.
John :)

I look after a few of these K12's (53 plate onwards) and 4 of them have needed new track rod ends, for some reason at around 60k miles :eek:
Tips of the K12 week - take the glove box out if you want to replace the cabin filter....its a nightmare otherwise.
Also look for rust inside the fuel filler neck - I was actually given an advisory on this......must say, I hadn't checked it though.
John :)

The boot (hatch back) on a Micra will not open when the switch is depressed. Having looked at the switch it is badly corroded, so I thought I would remove it and short connections to see if the motor still worked, but nothing happened.

The only way to open the boot at the moment is by operating the mechanism manually from inside the vehicle. Does anybody have any idea's on how to get it working without paying silly money to Nissan to replace it?

Thanks
hi i had the same problem. it turned out to be a broken wire in the right hand side wiring harness at the top near hinge. pull out rubber cover to check if that is the case. if so just solder back together again and tape over and then push rubber back in place again. great having a boot that opens again. Hope this solves your problem.[/quote]

Sponsored Links
I got issues too with the boot circuitry.

Wires were broken in the wiring harness on right hinge (i'v repaired them) + damaged wire on the boot lock's plug.

Then i make a mistake :

I put off the "wire plugs" of "master plug" and forgot to take a picture of the wiring digram...

Guys, could you help me by taking such picture or telling me the wiring order ? Seems like there is 4 different wire : black, stripped black, orange, stripped orange. Stripped is not clear, so it's possible that there is only stripped black and stripped orange.

Sorry if my english is not correct; it(s not my native laguage :)

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 619
Back