1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Microbore! Removing single radiator

Discussion in 'General DIY' started by IT Minion, 6 Feb 2021.

1. IT Minion

IT Minion

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I'm redoing a room and am getting rid of a microbore radiator. For now I just want to remove it and then a plumber will come round and sort out the pipes and install a new one.

If I turn this radiator off at the tap will that seal both the flow and the return so I can remove the radiator? I really don't want to drain down the system if I can avoid it. IMG_20210206_114912.jpg

2. RrogerD

RrogerD

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. I'd get a plumber in

5. IT Minion

IT Minion

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The valve only controlled the flow, not the return. I confirmed that by bleeding the radiator, which showed no sign of pressure loss.

I then crimped the return pipe and repeated that test, pressure dropped off.

Then I undid the valve, started to drain the radiator and sealed off the valve with a 1/2" cap.

The microbore will be removed entirely where it branches off the main supply and return and replaced with 15mm.

6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links