microgenus A77 error code

hey i had problem come back error a 77 well this time it was the condensate pipe inside the boiler itself.. undo the front cover and follow the condensate pipe up into the bioler.. it runs on the right hand side goes up to tthe top and pushes on to a a square shaped box. in my case the pipe was bent slightly not allowing the water to drain.. check this pipe is free to drain the water.. this sorted my problem out.. i should imagine its a common fault. it hasnt got much room in the boiler so the pipe can easily get bent..

hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
Dear all,

Thanks for all the responses.
Touch wood I'm finally clear of the A77 problems and it was caused by faulty installation of the pipes from the condensate overflow. (Pipe too small and not supported enough it appears, therefore it never properly drained away).
I'll be back asking for more help if the problem returns though.....
Thanks again

Pete

Dear all,

Thanks for all the responses.
Touch wood I'm finally clear of the A77 problems and it was caused by faulty installation of the pipes from the condensate overflow. (Pipe too small and not supported enough it appears, therefore it never properly drained away).
I'll be back asking for more help if the problem returns though.....
Thanks again

Pete

Sponsored Links
Hi
I have a migrogenus boiler. It is 2.5 years old and last year we had problems and the pcb board was changed. Then about a month ago we had A01 error and couldnt get any hot water. Plumber came out, fixed the problem and serviced the boiler for us. Now today i have come home to see a A77 error code on it, Tried switching it off and back on but the error code just stays. If it was properly serviced then surely this shouldnt have happened right?

Most of the A77 faults would be unlikely to occur if the boiler had been properly serviced.

However, some of those aspects might not be covered in many services and the manufacturers instructions are unlikely to cover all of the possibilities. It could also be blocked after the boiler which would not usually be dealt with on a boiler service.

You could also check where the condensate is connected into the drainage system to see if there is a blockage there.

Tony

if any of you need the modified RECUPERATOR theres someone selling them on ebay for £100 or best offer, i got mine for £95 fitted it no problem and it has cured the a77 fault, mine was a early model with the ristrictor wire detection pins next to one another, the new modified RECUPERATOR has the pins either side of the fan entry so its less likely to detect water between the two pins by mistake

the new water sencer bords (tiny pcb fitted to acsess panel on main pcb) are also fitted with a time delay of 15 mins so if it does detect moisture in the initial start up in doesnt react and normaly its just condencate and the heat moves it

just search the part number on ebay 65102576

Hi everyone,
-boiler is ariston microgenius HE24
-installed oct 2008
-it shows a A77 code only on CH and only when temperature gets over 60 degrees??
I had it serviced (routine servicing), the engineer suggested to replace the part, however (and after reading all the above posts) I can't explain why the boiler triggers the code on operating temp above 60 degrees? It's fine on hot water and when operating temp is below, say, 55 degrees. Shall I just try and replacing the part? I'm only concerned this won't fix the problem (replacing it would cost me just under £140)...any suggestions please?
Thanks

I had A77 fault keep appearing on my Ariston microGenus HE32 boiler. (Condensate trap)

I narrowed the fault down to the recuperator at the top right of the boiler. I removed this and there was a metal residue build up on the floor of the recuperator housing that was partly blocking the right angle pipe that leads down to the trap. I cleaned all this out and now the boiler works fine.

Peter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back