micron 50ff fan

chocolate bars and tea ..And the irony was totally lost on herebriefly.

maybe he was too busy putting emoticons in his postings....a sad msn addict if i ever i saw one

Sponsored Links
Archiepillock I have been RIPPED off by many so called dogey Computer engineers over the years I've lost count, When my computer goes down, I still find a proffessional to fix it, because I don't dabble on thigs I am not qualified to do, so please be very carefull of the outrageous slanderous statements you are posting about my fine proffession :evil:

LOL boilerman you are class !!!

Even if it was defamatory it would be LIBEL not slander. Oh you may want to use a spellchecker too:
professional
careful
dodgy
things

just a little heads up for you there fella

Bring on the next airhead lol

Corgi now Gas-safe is an organisation set up to protect the consumer , funded by the installation industry !!!

Sponsored Links
Why does everyone resent Gas Engineers making a living,the quote to replace the fan was not unreasonable and won't be making the engineer involved a killing the public have absolutely no idea of the cost of running a proffessional registered business, :rolleyes:

My brother is the manager at Comet, they received ther first 55" 3D TV the other day at a retail of £3499.00 yet he can get me it if i want one for £2100 and i bet the sod still aint losing money, and they call us rip offs!!!

Why does everyone resent Gas Engineers making a living,the quote to replace the fan was not unreasonable and won't be making the engineer involved a killing the public have absolutely no idea of the cost of running a proffessional registered business, :rolleyes:

My brother is the manager at Comet, they received ther first 55" 3D TV the other day at a retail of £3499.00 yet he can get me it if i want one for £2100 and i bet the s** still aint losing money, and they call us rip offs!!!

As with anything its all about supply and demand people :evil:

Its all good...
Archie has changed the part and saved himself some money....

It doesnt bother me in the slightest....

Mainly because i dont know him or knows where he lives therefore i wont have to go to his funeral if by an unfortunate twist of fate the seal is not correctly made and the non smelling stuff sends his family to sleep for a long time......

Disclaimer:

Although i am being a bit sarcastic i realy realy do hope the seal is made and you have many happy years ahead of you......

Sadly I didnt think of looking for a forum which could help with my problem which is that the fan seems to be seizing up (bearings?) I have tried lubricating it with a machine oil, it runs for a short while making quite a noise and then stops again. This will be second fan replacement in 2 years (almost to the day). One of the reasons I write is that I also had to have a pressure valve/switch replaced recently and after looking on the web and seeing the price I realised that at £150 paid to a "gas safe engineer" I too feel that I have been ripped off. I am sure that had I done more research on changing the pressure switch/valve I could have saved myself a small fortune (especially being a pensioner). However, I am employing a Gas safe guy to replace the fan because of the sealing of the combustion chamber, I just hope that he tests it, and after reading previous posts by "professionals" I will be checking on his work.

Well you have managed for your first post to add to a year old thread.

But at least you should have realised that for your own safety you should not have been opening your boiler!

Hopefully, the RGI will safely fix it for you.

Archie, the Op does not seem to have been reminded that most computer guys think that all software errors are fixed by reformatting the HD thus destroying all the customer's data!

Tony

By opening the boiler do you mean taking the cover off of it? I am a retired computer engineer and assure you that it is not the done thing to just format the HD, I for one would only revert to formatting if nothing else could be done to recover the data on the drive. I am sorry to add to a post that was over a year old but this has only just happened again.

Its generally considered that the combustion chamber should not be opened by a DIYer.

All I can say is that most computer repairers in London ( mostly seemingly from third world countries ) seem to lack the skills to diagnose software problems.

I have a problem on one which will not access the internet. I had a very competent helpline lady from TalkTalk spend over an hour helping me. She had previously worked for Computer Geeks and seemed very competent.

As far as I could assertain there was a setting which enabled searching for internet access which was off but would not accept a request to turn it on. It was the same problem with a cable to the modem or a wifi dongle.

Tony

is your pc finding the correct network, it maybe that the setting for the default network is switched off, try going into network settings and see if there is anything there which will allow it to be reset.

(broad delhi accent)

'good evening my name is malcolm, have you tried turning it on and off again?' ;)

wonder if the OP is still alive?

Well I know now that I was in the wrong industry, £170 for 10mins work, and what is all this about the combustion chamber. When I asked the "gas safe" registered engineer about sealing it, he said no need its fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back