Microporous.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody got a favourite microporous undercoat/gloss system for exterior windows and doors. :?:

It's just got to be better than the stuff we're applying that rots the wood. :cry:

Sponsored Links
The thing about microporous undercoat/gloss system for exterior windows and doors, is they are for new un-painted wood.

Sponsored Links
Hard one to answer cos as more coats of microporous paints are given to wood then the less microporous it becomes. Also, if wood is already painted, then, the micrporousity technoligy becomes useless. And if wood has a problem with high miosture content then the microporous becomes useless again due to high content of miosture that will be unable to pass through the microporous paint as to much miosture. Again most wood IS NOT painted on the other side (i.e. facia & eaves) therefore allowing miosture to pass through on the un-painted side ! Bassicly i think microporous paint is a sales technique and duping the painter thinking it will last longer than normal exterior paint. So what i am saying is microporous paint IS only for brand new un-painted wood in order the microporous paint can work (IF IT DOES) ! I personally find that Dulux Trade Exterior flexible weathersheild Paint to be the best for exterior wood. Though be carefull with some colours as they will not cover the recomended undercoat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back