microwave dead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys..

do domestic electric appliances have some kind of timer set inside them so that they are set to terminate itself when the warranty finishes..?...i mean ive had my microwave oven made by samsung for just over 3 years paid nearly £100 for it and as soon as the warranty is over,..all of a sudden it doesnt come on anymore..no display, checked fuse...wiring etc..all seems fine...i was thinking of opening it up...do they have an internal fuse or something ?.whats the common fault with microwaves ?.cheers

Sponsored Links
bin it.

seriously, unless you know what you are doing they can be lethal.
and if you do know what you are doing you bin it

if it does have a fuse why did the fuse go?

our one gave up after a few yers, new one, £30

breezer said:
bin it.

seriously, unless you know what you are doing they can be lethal.
and if you do know what you are doing you bin it

if it does have a fuse why did the fuse go?

our one gave up after a few yers, new one, £30
GOOD POINT...thought that there might be some kind of fuse..ah well, back to currys..lol

Assuming it is not the plug fuse the fuse is inside. Likely to be caused by anything but more likely a faulty diode and or capacitor. Thse will cost a few quid for diode and capacitor £10-£25. Hardly worth paying for these when you can get a 700w microwave in Woolies or Tesco for £25 plus.

Oh the throw away society!

Sponsored Links
We got a £30 microwave once, it started rusting internally the first time we turned it on. Our previous microwave, a panasonic, we had had for 18 years (it was as old as me) and was still going strong. It was brown, didnt fit in the new kitchen :LOL:

Steve

Yes we are using a 20 year old Creda and it is still going strong! No fancy keypads or gizmos. Just a slide control to vary the power and a mechanical timer with a bell! I won it in a competition. Think it was worth about £180 then. It might be a bit low power at 600/650w but built like the proverbial brick s**thouse.

Just my luck it will break down now(But I got one for spares at the local dump)
Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back