mid position valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a central heating protection cover from Southern Electric recently and their engineer came yesterday to have an initial inspection. I mentioned to him that in the summer when I turn off the heating but leave the hot water on, the heating is still on. He said this is because the mid position 3 port valve is faulty. Before the valve is changed they cannot cover us. And he said the whole job would probably cost around £200. He was not able to give a fixed price as it depends on the time it takes to drain the system and fit the new valve.

I wonder whether I should have the valve changed, or just leave it for now cos it is an only minor inconvenince in the summer (I just turned the hot water on for an hour anyway).

Sponsored Links
well if you can live with it leave it, it will add considerably to your running costs thou

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back