Miele combi steam oven stops pumping to condensate tray

@Honj: Would you be able to share the service manual with me? I want to check a couple of things that might not lead to anywhere and dont want to waste your time. I would share my findings! Thank you

Sponsored Links
Hi, unfortunately the information I have isn't available as a document that can be shared/emailed :(.

I understand. Is there a list for the name of the parts for each sensor/component tests can you can copy/paste for me? I want to look through it. If there's any specific test I want to look in further I'll ask you.

No probs, I'll send an instant message. By the way, you can order parts direct from miele.co.uk which is pretty good.

Sponsored Links
@Honj: I figured it out! There's actually no problem with the pump or the float switch. It turns out, inside the condensate container, there is another magnetic float that rises and falls with the water level, and there is a sensor/switch behind it. However there are two slots on either side of the container, and the float is currently on the wrong slot! (talking about poor UX design). So the sensor couldn't see the float and gives out the warning message (also wrong message, another poor UX design) and prevented the pump from being activated.

I put the float back onto the other side and everything works now.

I have one remaining problem though. The ULKA water pump (that pump water from the fresh tray into steam generator) works ok, but is unusually loud. Is there any common fix I can do or it's just about replacing the pump?

Last edited:
Good news, one less appliance in the scrap heap.

I read somewhere that the pump can become a bit noisy if water is completely drained from it e.g. through lack of use or replacement. Maybe give it a few full cycles to see if it quietens down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back