Miele condensing tumble dryer overheating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just got one 2nd hand, checked all filters were clear including condensing filter was washed out.

Added a load and in 15mins there was condensation up the back wall behind TD and then it tripped the RCD.
Checked it and the back of the TD really hot as were the clothes. No water had been expelled from the drainage pipe.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Ok just to update you looks like i managed to fix it myself in the end.

Symptom
Condensation up back of machine and up wall
Overheating
Tripping RCD due to excess condensation buildup at back of machine.

Cause
Heat exchange cartridge (condensing filter) blocked causing blockage of cool air around machine.

Resolution
(dont laugh) Remove cartridge from machine, take it out in the garden and jet wash through all the cooling fins (across ways not front to back) ensure daylight is visible sideways through cartridge as much as possible, blow out and clean with compressed air or leave to dry fully.
Refit back and hey presto it might just work perfect :)

Last edited:
OK just to add here, tumble dryer started playing up again this week.

First symptom is a lack of water appearing in water cartridge on drying, then alot of steam coming from front and back and then it tripped the mains again. Alot of condensation forming on front of tumble dryer and at rear.
Cleaned out bottom cartridge again with jetwasher outside, replaced it's working again, however its still blowing a fair bit of steam out the front bottom vent, i dont feel something is working right. Either it's still struggling to condense or cool the evapourated water to steam or the vent ways are blocked somewhere. Both door vents, well the two curved and filter panel are clean.

Sponsored Links
Model is T560C

Just to add i cleaned out all the sludge at the back behind the condensing cartridge as i thought it may be blocking the airway alot of sludge stuck to the grill.

However back to same, gets very hot until it trips the RCD to house. No water collecting in top water collector. Can supply photos if required.

THanks

I have a different model to you but does the condenser fan run? When you run the dryer without the condenser is there a strong current of air that flows from right to left as well as the drying air from front to back?

Good question all i know is it seems good suction of air in front left corner and warm air which is quite moist exiting front right will try without condenser unit in.

http://pdf.sogedis.fr/MIELE T560C WEB.pdf

Vue D, item 8. I removed this on mine to allow air to flow in.

Vue F, items 18 & 21. This blows air across the condenser to condense moisture in the drying air.

Vue C, items 44 & 45. 2 thermostats. These are accessed through the back of the drum.

Vue E, 35 front ntc

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for info i think mine just isn't pumping out the condensing water anyone know how i get to the pump i dont even know where it is located. Took top lid off all you can see is drum.

tia

Ok I only know from playing with my Bosch condenser dryer. But the pump is likely to be in the bottom -underneath the water collector/behind the condenser.
In bosch there is a 'secret' compartment under the condenser unit that collects dust and water . I would take the side panel on the condenser side and have a look aroundat the bottom .
There should be a tube running up the back from the pump to the water collector - so find the tube and see where it is attached. Once you find the pump take it off and give it a good clean up - underneath it might be clogged or the tube might be clogged.
Good luck...

Hey Lusi, many thanks for your time, going to wheel the fcking thing out into the garage tomorrow and dismantle, hopefully finding this poxy pump. Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back