Miele dishwasher, Miele engineer struggling to fix!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Miele dishwasher model 1022i that has been failing to start properly.

The initial drain pump runs ok, then it stops with the drain/fill light flashing. 5 short and 1 long flashes. It will drain fine if I throw a bucket of water in there.

I fitted a new partition kit - the old impeller had fallen apart. Then a new overflow microswitch (the old one got wet and short circuited).

Then I gave up and called Miele, fix price repair. They replaced the water meter and the heater pressure switch. That didn't fix it so they came back and replaced the circulation pump (complete with another partition kit and heater pressure switch), and then the internal water inlet solenoid. Still didn't fix it.

The engineer was a bit stuck at this point and has arranged for a third visit, where he'll fit a new inlet hose/aquastop.

I'm not confident this will fix it. Does anyone else have any ideas I can pass onto him, as he will have replaced most of the working parts by now I'd like to keep the machine rather than having it written off!

What does the 5 fast - 1 slow light actually mean?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Washing machines are much easier to fix. Dishwashers got me scratching head. Sounds like it's parts darts

Yes that's what I thought. They'll have fitted £800 of parts by this weekend! Apparently it's too time consuming to bench test the parts, it's quicker (cheaper) to just fit new.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back