Miele G646 SC Plus dishwasher leak, posible circulation pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just taken the Miele G464 SC Plus dishwasher we have apart as the pump was constantly on. The bottom was full of water and activated the leak protection system. I cleared out the water and run the machine again, this time I noticed that around the circulation pump at the rear of the machine water was constantly dripping.

I have the Miele catalogue and have seen from the exploded diagram that you can replace the seals within the circulation pump.

I wanted to find out if you can easily buy these seals or are they custom only to Miele? Also how do you remove the circulation pump?

Should I also replace anything else in the pump to refurbish it before putting it back together?

Sponsored Links
To access the circulation pump lie the DW on its back & remove the baseplate.
Note down the nameplate details & speak to Miele. They should be able to supply you with a seal kit.

To access the circulation pump lie the DW on its back & remove the baseplate.
Note down the nameplate details & speak to Miele. They should be able to supply you with a seal kit.

Thanks all done, seems its the first plate other than the second that the rubber seal has degraded, alas Miele want £64.42+VAT for the item, tad on the overpriced area.

Sponsored Links
Found a possible solution (only been fixed for 24 hours so we will see if it continues to work).

It was the rubber seal behind the rotor that degraded and had a 6mm cut in it. The solution since I was unable to find a seal and didn't want to buy a complete replacement kit as it was not required was to obtain some marine grade silicone, this one worked between -55 +150c and silicon the rubber.

Hopefully that would have fixed the hole and resulted in a small outlay of £7 rather than £90 for the new part.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back