Miele machine won't spin dry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a pretty modern Miele washing machine (left by the last owners of my house) that unfortunately is not spinning clothes dry enough after a was cycle. If I put the machine back on for a spin cycle it spins the clothes dry.

Any suggestions/ideas? Does it need a new control board or similar fitting? Will it be easy for me to sort out myself?

Here is the machine (W 1714):

2jtnae.jpg

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Since the machine makes it through the cycle, and completes a spin I would not think it is the brushes.

I wonder if the hoses are gummed up. Check the hoses at the sides and the pressure chamber at the front.

I've cleared and cleaned out the pressure chamber at the front. Not sure where the side hoses are? Please could you advise?

Any other tips/tricks to try?

View media item 94156
Sorry, I seem to always upload sideways pictures.

Check the small hoses that connect at the Y.
This is located underneath the detergent dispenser.

The y-connector can become snotted up.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Richard,

This means taking the side of the unit off to get to? I'm guessing it's easy enough to take one side off? any tips?

Thanks again

Thats the best way to access it.

OR...

I wonder if you could borrow someones finger to block the hole at the side of the pump and blow through the part which connects to the anti-siphon trap to clear any blockage.

This would only require the removal of the lid (Plus a spare finger to block the hole)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back