Miele washing machine not spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last night my Miele washing machine decided not to spin.

It was making all the right noises for draining and the drum was turning but it just didn't kick into the spin cycle - it spent the cycle draining and turning but not actually spinning.

I took the filter out to check if it was dirty and it was OK.

Anyone any ideas? It was one heavy item I had in it and I'm not sure if it was unbalanced if that would prevent it from spinning.

I put it on a spin cycle there with nothing in it and it did actually start to spin but I was a bit scared to leave it going in case I did damage to it.

Is it worth putting it on a spin and seeing if it will actually go before I have to get Miele out to look at it? Nobody local will touch it :(

Sponsored Links
Single heavy item will prevent a spin as there'll be an out-of-balance trip system.

Try spinning with nothing it. Put onto a rinse cycle plus spin. If that runs up OK then you should be good to go.

It seems to be fine - spinning away - mind you, that's the quietest it's ever spun!! LOL

So now I need to remember not to put the bathroom mat in on it's own!

I just feel ever so slightly silly now thinking my machine was dead!

The problem with unbalanced load situations is that it shows up more as a machine ages, so what may have washed ok when the machine is new may not do when it is 12 months old

Sponsored Links
It's 6 years old now which I suppose isnt' that old. I'm just glad it was something so simple - saved me the £117 call out fee!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back