Miele - Miledew Deposit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, have a Mile Novo Washing Machine.

The rubber ring around the front of the machine has a black deposit. I have let it be as it seemed to be doing no harm, and did not come off to the touch.
Anyhow, a number of wash items recently have taken on grey patches and the problem seems to be getting worse. It is definitely not "something in the wash" and I have come to the conclusion that it must be this rubber ring.

Can this residue be removed simply or do I need a replacement part?

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I'm guessing that you use mostly low-temperature washes? These are a major cause of mould in washing machines. They may be ecological but mould grows in low temperatures, which is why most machine manufacturers recommend a regular 'maintenance' wash at the hottest temperature. To me, it makes no sense to run a machine empty so I'd recommend you wash your tea-towels at 95 degrees. We've always done this and never had any problem with mould. Also, in between washes, don't close the washing machine door. Leaving it open will allow moist air to escape. For more info, check out: http://www.washerhelp.co.uk/usage_2.html

thanks Nick.

yes i do do mostly 40 degree washes. i will try a hot wash to clear it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back