Miele S5261 new power cable - 2 or 3 core?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above hoover, and the cable has presumably become damaged in the plug as it gets very warm in operation.

I cannot find a service manual that gives any detail on whether I need to use a 2 core of 3 core cable. I think 2 core as the hoover is all plastic. The service manuals seem to just refer to replacing the cable rewind assembly including cable, which is not a financially viable solution!

Any advice much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
where is this heat evident? Do you mean the plug gets hot?

Sponsored Links
Probably should have mentioned, the wife damaged it a few years back half way along. I taped it up for a while. Later on the rewind got jammed so I stripped it and had to refit the cable so heatshrunk the damaged area. So it's had a tough life so thought it best to just replace?

I totally cannot remember if it was 2 or 3 core though when I stripped it!

Tim

Probably should have mentioned

Indeed you should.

If you take the plug off you can see how many cores. You can fit an ordinary plug while you buy the new flex.

Depending on age of the appliance, it might have a double-insulated symbol moulded into the casing somewhere.

If you take the plug off you can see how many cores. You can fit an ordinary plug while you buy the new flex.

Embarrassingly, I never thought of that. Was over thinking it I think. Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back