Miele T4809C Not drying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Miele t4809c Dryer (with the led display) - on Cottons, Normal and without clothes it starts up ok, spins but after about 1 mins it starts beeping and finishes. Nothing in the dryer warms up and the air blowing out of the bottom front vent is stone cold.

With damp clothes it starts on 1.17 and quickly goes to 40 min, then 35 and so on untils it finishes with the cloths still damp, however they do feel warm.

On Automatic and Normal it lasts a minute and stops.

I removed the back panel, checked the thermostat and its a closed circuit about 1ohm so i'm guessing this means its fine. I checked the heating element - again the same - all seems fine.

I then tried the procedure zipper described to get the error code it displayed 1479 in sequence.

If anyone has any suggestions i'd be really grateful, really don't want to risk a big call out charge then scrapping it because the parts to fix were too expensive! Cheers

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/applia...eating-up.288028/page-2#2191248#ixzz34tpE26UE

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back