Miele T4809C Tumble Dryer - Not warming up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a miele t4809c (with the led display) from new about 3 and half years ago. It starts up ok, spins but after about 5 mins it starts beeping and the 'cooling down' flashes continuously. Nothing in the dryer warms up and the air blowing out of the bottom front vent is stone cold.

I read another topic on this forum and thought i'd found the solution - i took of the back panel, checked the thermostat and its a closed circuit so i'm guessing this means its fine. I checked the heating element - again the same - all seems fine.

I then tried the procedure zipper described to get the error code but i got exactly the same one as in the other topic ie -1316 in sequence.

I tried setting it to the following cycle - 'Normal' - and 'Cottons' which i think is a timed cycle rather than using 'automatic'. But, it still only runs for around 5 mins cold before beeping and flashing 'cooling down'.

If anyone has any suggestions i'd be really grateful, really don't want to risk a big call out charge then scrapping it because the parts to fix were too expensive! Cheers

The link for the other topic was -
Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/applia...er-not-heating-up.288028/page-2#ixzz1eSfMaEIX

Sponsored Links
There is a thermostat and an NTC on the heater-bank. The thermostat should read continuity & the NTC around 14k ohms (decreasing when warmed). If the heater-bank NTC is shorted it can result in the symptoms you describe. Check the element & NTC resistance again. If they are good then either the air-flow NTC in the front of the machine is defective or the residual dampness circuit is faulty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back