Miele T494C Tumble Dryer not heating up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an 14 year old Miele tumble dryer that starts to heat up and then stops after about 15 mins and continues to blow cold air until dry. Obviously takes an age to dry anything. I have removed the heating element, thermostat and NTC sensor from the rear of the drum. I have tested the heating element and thermostat with a multimeter and both appear intact. The NTC sensor measures about 130k ohms at room temperature and resistance drops if I dip it in hot water - so that also appears OK. For the last year or so the dryer has intermittently gone straight to finish (within 10 mins of starting) without doing any drying but we've worked around this by turning off and on again which seems to clear the problem.

Please can someone advise what to do next. Thanks

Sponsored Links
If yours is a vented drier they some times have a sensor in the pipe between the drum & the exhaust port on the rear of the machine. You should also ensure it is not obstructed by fluff if this is the case. Sorry can't help if it is a condensing drier.

Hi, I have a similar issue except I can’t figure out where the thermostat is. How do you get at it? I have the front door open but there is nothing obvious at the front of the machine. Do I need to remove the drum to get at the heating element?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I have a t490c and the front opens like a door. The front blower has an ntc too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back