Miele T7744C TUMBLE DRYER NOT HEATING UP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our 7 year old Miele T7744C Tumble dryer decided halfway through a drying cycle yesterday, to stop getting warm.

I took the back panel off and found the element and two sensors - one of which looks a bit like a battery and the other a brass probe (thermostat ?). I'm guessing that the element just might be okay as I traced the wiring to a small panel - pulled the plug and got a reading on my multimeter suggesting that it wasn't an open circuit. Inspecting the element didn't show up any broken wires or burnt connections.

Can anyone please suggest what the 2 sensors actually are and what sort of readings I'd expect to see, and is there any way to perhaps bypass them to prove that the element is indeed working?

Many thanks in advance

Graham

Sponsored Links
Further to the above, I did a bit of reading and discovered that one of these 'sensors' is indeed the thermostat, but it would appear to be the battery looking one with the thick wires going to it. Piutting the meter across this gave me an open circuit - so I thought I'd short it out and try again, but the element still does not heat up.

The other sensor when I checked it with the meter also appeared to be open circuit but I couldn't be certain as the plug aperture is really quite tiny.

Further investigations took me to a circuit board at the rear of the machine where the heater element wires emerge to connect to the element. Pulling the plug and switching on showed no supply to the output to the element, so it looks very much like one of the numerous relays has failed which would no doubt mean a new board. Going to junk this pile of crap and buy a new dryer.

Will NEVER buy Miele again having endured a Miele freezer failurr a year ago 3 months after the extended 5 year guarantee expired.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back