Miele w842 no power issue

Old thread but I had the same issue. Novotronic W842 (UK). Power was going to the door lock mechanism Milele part number 4164231 but all lights on the machine were out. Called Miele Spares UK and they told me the part had been replaced by a new version part number 4837754 £99. Helpfully Miele Spares UK told me if it doesn't fix the problem I could return it for a refund - took a punt and ordered it. Interesting comment above about the piston - I didn't take the door lock mechanism apart but before I put the machine back together I turned it piston head up and squirted some WD40 such that it would trickle down the piston into whatever mechanics sit inside the mechanism - I then removed as much excess WD40 as I could get to with cotton Q-tips and voila - machine is now working fine. Machine must be 23-25 years old but not a hint of play in the drum bearings. I have already replaced the heater element and triple inlet valve (limescale cuased the original to fail 2 years ago). I expect the WD40 technique will last a while - at least until the part number 4837754 arrives (2 week leadtime quoted by Miele Spares UK). I wouldn't trust my WD40 technique long term given there is 240v in this lock mechanism - and we won't use the machine when we are not in the house, but for couple of weeks until part number 4837754 arrives we have a working machine and I'll update this thread once it arrives. I'm read these machines are good for 30 years and more so I feel I have done my bit for the planet (and my wallet) today so have cracked open a beer.

Sponsored Links
Part number 4837754 arrived - fitted - working perfectly. It's an improved design in that the door closure is easier - less force required. Checked with Miele today - machine is 23 years old (built in 1999 when my Mum bought it). Feel I have done my bit for the planet and avoided another white good sent to land fill - spoke to my local council and asked where it would end up if I took it to the tip " - mixed materials so will end up in landfill was the reply !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back