miele washing machine pump replacment

Sponsored Links
I suppose that would help! miele w310.
Ive got the old pump out quite easily (after realising the front comes off) and have striped the pump back to just the external plates which drive the sealed motor.
I have looked on ebay and can get 2nd hand for 30 or what i think is new for 50 (but that ebay seller is away till next month)but dont think it is original as i have been quoted lots more for original but no one seems to have one in stock.
Is there somewhere i can obtain one reasonably priced and quickly as with 3 young children in the house the washing mountain is increasing at an alarming rate.
Pump motor part no is 5012772

Thanks, Cider

W310 could have one of two different types of pump fitted. One is a sealed unit, the other is much larger & has an external fan (but neither seems to tie up with the part number you mention?). A new (genuine) Miele pump could cost you anywhere from around 130 to 200 pounds depending on the type. If your pump is the sealed type you might be able to use an askoll universal pump. http://www.espares.co.uk/parts/washing-machines/miele/w310/p/1085/254/0/539204 These guys are very helpful, I would give them a call in the morning. Otherwise ebay might be your best bet :D

Sponsored Links
The one shown on their website definitely won't fit. Yours is a Hanning pump with a bayonet fastening & a special type of seal. The one on their website is screw fastened. Askoll do make a bayonet pump but it has an o-ring seal, I am not sure if you could use that one or not. BTW your pump has got a new part number; 6239560. If you order one from Miele you can use either the old or the new part number. But they cost around 75 pounds, which is cheaper than some of their larger pumps but still expensive. Ebay might be your best bet, but give e-spares tomorrow & see what they say about it.

I did find this....it might be worth looking into. http://www.appliancesparesonline.co...d=306&osCsid=ce5fc49d48310fab835a4c6517b57d3c

Thanks again, seems everyones on holiday till 5th august, phoned e spairs and they say the 12.99 pump will fit
I can't see how it will as you said, unless I can pull the magnet part of the new one off and it will slide onto mine which seems to good to be true.
Going to call miele to see how far their going to pull my pants down

Have ordered part from miele 97 notes all in.
Thanks for your help.
Just hope it was the pump :LOL:

Zipper

I have just installed the new pump.........................................

:cry:

Still not pumping out :evil:

I know I did not ask for help diagnosing the problem, but tested feed to pump and thought I had 240 to it when it should have been pumping.

Help pleeeeeaaaasssseeeeee

Anyone :cry: :cry: :cry:

Is the pump actually running? Drain whatever water is left in the machine (have a bowl handy). Take out the filter & leave it out. Put the machine on a pump cycle & observe if the impellor runs. If it runs then there is either a blockage in the sump hose, drain hose or plumbing. If it doesn't run then check if the plug connection to the pump is in place. If it is in place but the pump isn't getting voltage, it could be damaged wiring or a faulty pcb. Miele electronics are extremely robust, I have never experienced a blown pump triac on any Miele board I ever looked at.
If you need to investigate further the front will have to come off.

ok I will have to take the front off again and check everything tomorrow.
Is there a thermal fuse which would protect the pump which may have blown?
I did pull out a fair bit of stuff from the filter when first investigated the problem last week, but sure i got voltage to the pump which made me think it was the problem.
Is it worth making up a lead to test the pump direct to another power supply?

Really appreciate your help.

Cider

Of course you could hotwire the new pump using a plug & flex but what would it prove? You can bet your boots a new pump will run when hotwired.
But what is perhaps more important....does the old pump run when you hotwire that?
It could be so simple that you forgot to connect the plug to the pump. Hell...its nothing to get embarrassed about if that's the case, I've done it loads of times. As far as thermal fuses go, there may be a thermal overload on the pump winding. But the pump has been replaced, so this fact is somewhat immaterial now.

Ive hot wired the old pump and it worked.
Guess i should have done that in the first place.
I will take the front off again and see if there is def a feed coming to connectors but it seems unlikely.
If there is no feed from controlls i suppose we shall have to cut our losses and get a new machine as this one is coming up to 8 years old.
The new pump will have to go on ebay as i guess miele dont do refunds but will check.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back