mim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where i can get a step by step (pics) guide for doing mineral insulated cable???

i got my AM1 next week and would like to verify that what I have in my minds eye is the correct procedure

Thanks in Advance

Sponsored Links
basic said:
Does anyone know where i can get a step by step (pics) guide for doing mineral insulated cable???

i got my AM1 next week and would like to verify that what I have in my minds eye is the correct procedure

Thanks in Advance

i have some college sheets what have how to strip MICC. but i dont have a scanner and i dont know what itll work like takin a picture... ill try later

basic said:
that would be really really helpfull

Thanks in advance

whats your email addy? ill take a pic now and sen it 2 u.

[edited to remove email]

Sponsored Links
Basic, just noticed your in Bournemouth, I used to live there several moons ago, in fact I did my C&G2380 at BPCFE Wallisdown in 1994.

Small world

FWL_Engineer said:
Basic, just noticed your in Bournemouth, I used to live there several moons ago, in fact I did my C&G2380 at BPCFE Wallisdown in 1994.

Small world

for where he is now... it is a small world

Hey everyone would really like it if anyone out there has a pictorial step by step guide on how to Terminate MI cable asked before, I know but assistance would be great.

andrew2022 did send me some pics but both lost them and were blurred (not his fault).
I really would appreciatte it if someone knows of a web source I could use. Have done a search but ubnable to found anything adequate

Thanks in advance

basic said:
Hey everyone would really like it if anyone out there has a pictorial step by step guide on how to Terminate MI cable asked before, I know but assistance would be great.
I really would appreciatte it if someone knows of a web source I could use. Have done a search but ubnable to found anything adequate
Have a look at this, from page 10 onwards: http://www.aeicables.co.uk/literature/mic.pdf

Cheers,

Howard

Can anyone explain to me how it's possible to be studying this at college and not be given this information in course notes, textbooks etc?

What kind of course is it when students have to ask for information necessary to learn and pass the exams on DIY websites, and rely on manufacturers catalogues?

What kind of a course is it that requires people to understand a practical skill but doesn't actually give them practical training, so that the techniques remain in the students' "mind's eyes", rather than being something they actually know how to do themselves?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I really rea;lly really really appreciatte this Thank you Thank you

P.s Thank you

I have moved recently and in the turmoil of moving things have dissapeared.

What I was after has been gratefully accepted the post by HDRW.

I would like to mention that the course I am on is at times at fault.

But, under the circumstances hthey are operating under they are doing a really great job.

I need the information for revision to ensure that what I know in practice, I can verbally describe i.e. the technical names of equipment and process.

If you want to complain about the state of education within the UK I suggest you write your MP, or even start a political movement and maybe just maybe mould yourself in the same ilk as REDKEN.

Other than that and knowing that by doing writing this reply I'm being mildly hippocritical by saying IF YOU HAVE'NT GOT ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY IN REPLY TO POSTS MADE BY MEMBERS, DON'T

ban-all-sheds said:
Can anyone explain to me how it's possible to be studying this at college and not be given this information in course notes, textbooks etc?

What kind of course is it when students have to ask for information necessary to learn and pass the exams on DIY websites, and rely on manufacturers catalogues?

What kind of a course is it that requires people to understand a practical skill but doesn't actually give them practical training, so that the techniques remain in the students' "mind's eyes", rather than being something they actually know how to do themselves?

you get crap handout what arent clear but you get plenty time to do them and you get shown

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back