Mind the gap - Grundfos UPS3 is shorter than old pump

Sponsored Links
Thanks all for the replies and help.

Assuming I buy the 3 port myself (as I did the water pump) how much would I be looking at roughly for fitting and new pipe work (based outside of London)

Sorry, my last post should have read "How much would I be looking at roughly for a plumber to fit the 3 port and water pump and new pipe work"

I'd be supplying the water pump and 3 port

Cheers

The advice is always the same on here no-one can give you a price for something they haven't seen, and of course you can supply the parts yourself, so that will narrow down who will install them for you, if your tradesman supplies and installs then they are responsible for everything, if you supply and something is wrong or missing or the pump or valve fail after a month then the clock is ticking as you will have to pay for the trades persons time on top of the original quote, false savings if you ask me but some like to take the risk, personally I wouldnt fit something that a customer has supplied, been bitten before and will never do it again

Sponsored Links
Very dicey estimating from a phone pic, get someone in to price it, let them supply pump & valve. Prob £300 -£400 mark, pump & valve will be £100 +

Thanks for the replies, point taken on the estimating from a phone pic and risk from supplying own parts. I could return the pump to the store and ask the pro to supply and fit it all - if I went that route are they any pumps and 3 port valves to avoid in terms of reliability? Or conversely any pumps or 3 ports recommended with an idea of cost for the parts so I can tell I’m getting a fair quote? I do appreciate tradesmen are in the business to make money so would expect some markup on parts but it would be good to have an idea of whether the parts intended on being fit are of sufficient quality and I’m not paying way over the odds

Thanks again

Last edited:
Honeywell valves have always been solid, pumps I've found to be a bit consumable (10 years or so)- esp in a fully pumped system noise and power consumption are more important.
Grundfos are solid but (as with all pumps) sensitive to poor installation.

Thanks for the heads up oldbutnotdead, at least I feel like I know a little bit more now! Leaving it to the professionals seems like the best idea otherwise I think I’d be in danger of having to move this thread to the DIY disasters forum!

personally I would go for a Honeywell 3 port and Grundfoss pump , but that is just my preference before any jumps in and slagging them off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back