Old Grundfos pump.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
I've noticed that my Grundfos Central heating pump has white salt like crustaceans with streaks of green around one of its isolating valves. I'm guessing this is because it is leaking even though there is no dampness and I can't see any leaks. The pump is at least 25 years old but it has never given me any problems. I'm wondering given its age if I should replace it rather than just sort out the leak
Also the system is a Honeywell Y plan with a 3 port MV and that is the same age. How long is the normal lifespan of these items and are today's equivilants as good quality? Or are they subbed out to China on a budget and made to last just past the guarantee?
Thanks, David.

Sponsored Links
Everythings built in china now and will be very lucky to last half the life of the stuff you currently have.

Leave it as is. It will fail one day but so will a new one. As far as time scales, on a dirty system these things can fail in months, on clean and talking about old type valves they can go 20-30 years, obviously yours are at the tail end, but a few years is very possible yet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back