Mini Circular Saw recommendation

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I am cutting 1/2 and 3/4" OSB to put internal walls on my steel shed. My Dad had given me a cordless mini saw from lidl, but it seems to be pretty poor. Doesn't cut straight and the blade sticks often

Looking for a recommendation for something better, for occasional use, something neat, doesn't need to be cordless. Thanks.

Ray K

Sponsored Links
Get an electric circular saw.
If it's not for professional use, anyone will do.
What's important is the blade.
Just make sure you get one which takes standard size blades.

"Standard" blades are 160 x 20 (diameter x bore), 165 x 20, 184 x 16 or 30 and 190 x 30 - all readily available. OSB needs something like a 24 to 36 tooth blade in those sizes. Less teeth = coarser cut. Any saw you buy may come with a 12 tooth blade. This will do the job but the edge finish will be rough

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can afford it Bosch cordless mini circular saw and a couple of 4ah batteries.

Sponsored Links
I asked the same question a while back and ended up buying this, albeit corded.
But it comes with a selection of blades.

TACKLIFE 710W Compact Circular Saw

I haven't been disappointed, although when I bought it there was a discount and it was £59.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back