Mini r56 cranks but not start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I need your expert opinion. I've got mini cooper R56 base model no S, n12 engine. The problem start yesterday when the engine cut off itself as I drove without any errors on the dashboard! Not able to start since then! Towed to home. Scan it for errors and no any errors stored! The LPFP not priming in ignition on! Get 10.9 volts to the fuel pump while cranking and jumps to 12 when starter stops after 5 sec. before returning to zero. Fuel pressure reaches 50 psi over 30 seconds of cranking and drops to zero when stop cranking. Engine never starts even upon reaching 50 psi. I am really confused. Any idea what could be the fault? Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Naturally enough just a guess but I’d go for the crankshaft position sensor.....no signal from this and the fuel pump won’t operate.
John :)

Naturally enough just a guess but I’d go for the crankshaft position sensor.....no signal from this and the fuel pump won’t operate.
John :)

Maybe so, but he said fuel pressure reaches 50psi which would indicate pump operates.

Sponsored Links
Back