Minimum fridge ventilation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. New here, and after some thoughts/advice.
We had our new kitchen installed 18 months ago, and keep having problems with the bottom part of the intergrated fridge freezing the veg.
The fridge has had a new pcb board fitted, and a new thermocoupling (I think). Neither fixed the problem, so AEG have supplied us with a brand new fridge. However, the same seems to be happening (early days yet, but it's already hit zero degrees when it's set at +5⁰)
I've since looked at the installation booklet, and it says it needs a min of 50mm between the back of the fridge and the wall.
The larder unit that the fridge is set in is 570mm deep, and the fridge is 548mm deep, so this is surely an impossibility. As well as that, the fridge sits at least 15mm inside the unit which means it must be almost touching the wall.
Am I missing something?
Please help.
Thank you in advance.

Update. I have managed to get a tape measure above the fridge, and not including the metal work at the back of the fridge, it only measures 520mm. So now I'm even more confused. See attachments.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240119_204656_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240119_204656_Chrome.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sorry, also....
It says the minimum ventilation at the top of the fridge larder unit must be 200cm².
Our unit is very close to the low ceiling, but it's at least 4cm, and the width right across that stretch of units is about 120cm, so is it ok to have such a small gap?
Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back