Minimum gap between ceiling and shower door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to fit a shower enclosure - door + side panel - in the corner of a loft room with a low ceiling. The distance between the tray and the ceiling is 1.96m. Shower enclosure seem to come in 1.85m, 1.9m and 1.95m. The one I like (Twyford T4 or Geo6) is 1.9m. Question is, will it be a problem only having a 6cm air gap above the door and side panel? There is an extractor in the ceiling about 50cm away from where the door will be. I'm concerned about having enough ventilation inside the enclosure to not be too steamed up to breath, and also airing enough to not get mildew.

TIA

John

Sponsored Links
You can leave the door open when not using the shower for ventilation, but when using the shower I think 6 cm would be insuffficient for ventilation and also claustrophobic?

That is my concern, but I was hoping someone might have done it and be able to tell me it's OK!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back