Country
United Kingdom

Attachments

• GardenSizeRules.JPG
    GardenSizeRules.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Got the answers to my outline planning questions online so removing this post.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I had asked further questions but answered them myself. Any opinions from you Freddy?

Cheers

Not online, apply for outline planning permission for something like siting and use with design reserved, and you don't need to spend money on full drawings.

Thanks woody I didn't know that was possible. Considering siting is probably my biggest stumbling block; if I get the outline for siting can they not complain about that aspect when I then go for the full planning? Also in regards siting, I assume that looks at street scene, boundary distances, parking, privacy etc? Not sure how they would judge some of this without window locations on the new build hence a possible requirement for more detailed drawings..

Cheers

I would just whack in a full application, you know,small developers are often a canny bunch and often seem to have a bit of a screw loose but optimism and determination by the bucket load! Getting permission on sites the lay person would think was impossible!

Just submit the planning application. If there's a problem, either they'll let you know or they'll refuse it and write a report telling you why it fails. Then you adjust the application accordingly and resubmit (for free).

The op said that he does not want the expense of a full planning application

There will be no resubmission if there is no chance of building on the plot.

Yeah for me i just don't want to go through the whole neighbour consultation and a few k on drawings without some feeling I have a good chance . It seems the general consensus though is I won't know for sure till I actually apply in some form if not in full.

Thanks for all your views. It's appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back