Minor Central Heating Problems?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all!
This is my first post on this forum & what a great forum it is so please bear with me.

My problems originally are my small hall radiator half filling with air after 2 hours, after an extension was built & my boiler moved to my new kitchen. To compensate for this last year I turned my pump down to number one of three, it was on number two. Now I have to bleed it every couple of days.

What happened now is I fitted a large radiator (9000 btu) in my new kitchen as when the building work was done they fitted a small rad that was took out of my dining room (I told them too to save money). I struggled to warm this radiator up. I found this forum & did some reading. I balanced the system as best I could. Now the radiator got warm but took almost 40 mins after heating turned on. I read some more and cleaned & drained system added inhibitor sponged out F&E tank when doing. I removed the small rads and hosed out the black "stuff". couldn't manage the large ones on my own. I turned the pump up to number 2 but air in the system again within an hour. I noticed the pump is making a noise as if air is in it, Is it the pump or something else.

I used the screwfix no nonsense brand is this ok or should I go again with sentinal or fernox?

It is an open vent system with an ideal mexico 2 boiler. There is always hot water but sometimes we get air in the power shower hot water too which is piped directly to the hot water cylinder.

The house is a 4 bed detatched bungalow if that helps with the boiler now situated in what was the garage now the kitchen.

Sorry if its a bit long winded but wondered if you guys could help.

thanks

Will

Sponsored Links
inhibitor is inhibitor no matter what the brand
problem of having keep bleeding can be sorted by putting auto bleed vent but this would only cure symptom not fault your system is drawing air in some how i would recommend looking for leak or some thing of that nature and also check out the 3 t rule and see if your system comform`s to it

thanks for the answer, I will have to have a look for a leak & a read up on the three tee rule

thanks again

Will

inhibitor is inhibitor no matter what the brand
problem of having keep bleeding can be sorted by putting auto bleed vent but this would only cure symptom not fault your system is drawing air in some how i would recommend looking for leak or some thing of that nature and also check out the 3 t rule and see if your system comform`s to it

i was looking for something on the 3 T's rule last week but couldnt find anything, anyone got any pointers

Sponsored Links
mini digram below

---flow pipe--1st tee vent--cylinder---rads
boiler--
---return pipe--1st tee cold feed---cylinder--rads

and make sure pump is the right place between the 2nd and 3rd tee

and yes their is a tea rule for plumber`s as well milk and one

mini digram below

---flow pipe--1st tee vent--cylinder---rads
boiler--
---return pipe--1st tee cold feed---cylinder--rads

and make sure pump is the right place between the 2nd and 3rd tee

and yes their is a tea rule for plumber`s as well milk and one

i know the rule, but i was looking for a honeywell etc printed version to use as a hand out (nothing wrong with your description at all :LOL: )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back