Minor deviations to building warrant drawing & notes.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a loft conversion done. I've had the design and structural drawings done and the building warrant approved. Planning permission wasn't needed as it's Velux windows only.

My other half has decided now is the time to look more closely at the drawings. :rolleyes: (This is after we reviewed them and agreed to them with the guy who did the design :rolleyes: )

We're putting a showerroom in, we've agreed with the builder that we would buy the suite (although he'll have it plumbed in) and I'll do the tiling.

The drawings show a quadrant shower 750mm x 750mm and the notes state a concealed cistern and all walls to be tiled.

We're at the point of buying the suite and the missus is now asking if we have to stick rigidly to this.

Can we fit a 800mm x 800mm shower quadrant (or a square one)?
Does the cistern really need to be concealed?
Can we not fit that wet wall stuff at the shower instead of tiles?

Can anybody tell me in principle how rigidly we need to stick to this kind of detail?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Any shower you like BC won’t care less.
The cistern does not need to be concealed.
You could stick banana skins to the wall if you wanted to.

BC will (or should) look at several key elements including structure, insulation, ventilation etc. They won’t care about anything else and don’t be fooled into thinking that they will check for build quality beyond checking the basics either that is well outside of their remit that is for you to check.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back