Mira 415 Shower passing water Please look in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guyz
we have just had a Mira 415 combiforce shower fitted, and the bloody thing is passing water when the thing is turned off, City plumbing haven't got any spares in till after xmas and cant get a new unit till then.

Its only a trickle, but if i block the shower outlet you can feel it building pressure and it pushes your thumb off it.

the question i need answering is, if I rig a isolation valve onto the shower outlet, and turn it off, will it blow the pipes internally, ??? the last thing I need is a burst over the xmas period

Many thanks for any advice guyz

best regards
Al

Sponsored Links
Check the cartridge is fully inserted. If not this can cause the shower to pass water.

if its the dripping thats bugging you, lay the head in the shower tray or bath till its fixed.

its not dripping mate, its running slowly, and its making a noise as its passing,

Any Plumbers on, who can give an answer to my original question please

Sponsored Links
was the pipework flushd thru properly to get rid of any debris?

could be a blob of solder stopping it from shutting down.

Hi Mate
it was a straight replacement for another Mira shower, Ive had the cartridge out, but no signs of any damage to it, it seems to be passing on the hot water side as the water is warm, I think its draining the remaining hot water from the pipes as the combi boiler isnt showing any lights to say its running

would it be better to let it run, i was concerned that if i fitted an IV it may well blow the seals in the shower as the water would build pressure up internally in the shower
A

If you're going to fit isolation valves, fit them on the inlets. You'll need to isolate to repair it anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back