Mira 415 shower valve - reassembly! :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Mira 415 built-in shower mixer valve, on a combi boiler system. The shower's been working fine apart from a persistent drip from the head, so I've stripped down the valve and cleaned everything, and replaced the o-rings either side of the cartridge. After reassembly the drip has stopped (yay!); however I have bigger problems now - the water temperature just won't go above 'warm'.

I've tried completely removing the control knob, shroud and all the maximum temperature-limiting gubbins, and am just turning the spline on the cartridge directly. Also, I'm mindful that one of the fault-finding tips in the manual says that if the shower control operating sequence is “off, hot, cool”, that implies the hot and cold supplies are reversed... that's not the case here, it's "off, cool, warm". I can't see anything else relevant to me in the manual.

The shower flow rate is absolutely fine; the hot water at the bath and sink taps is perfectly hot enough; and as I say, the shower temperature was fine before I dismantled it! What on earth can be wrong? Completely stumped...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back