Mira 722 Hot/Cold feed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been given a mira 722 but no installation instructions. I know it requires a low pressure cold feed from tank in attic but does it matter which side its connected to on the unit?

My feeling is hot on the left as you look at it cold on the right?

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Yup that right, one of the best Mira (Leonard) shower mixers made but is it new or out from a previous fit. If it is an used one I would suggest getting a repair kit for it an it should last a number of years aslong as the barrel is not worn.

I went with my gut feeling and all I have got is scolding hot water no regulation no leaks also so at least something is ok!!

I guess it could be thermostat?

Is it worth fixing £70-£80 I seen one online for. Difficult to fit?

Sponsored Links
It will either be the barrel has got stuck and needs freeing off and silicon grease applied or the bi-metalic coil (thermostat) has failed. I think it comes with instructions on how to change it but it you do it logically and lay the parts out in order as they come off, just fit in reverse with any new bits added in sequence.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back