Mira 88 Cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking for advice on how to remove the cover from my old but well loved Mira 88 shower. I have fitted service packs to it several times but, last time I must have over-tightened the cover. Efforts to unscrew the cover are causing damage to the molded nut. I dare not risk completely rounding off the nut and these covers are no longer available from Mira.

Are there any tips on removing stubborn covers? Can I get a cover from anywhere if I do wreck the old cover?

Thanks

Crew

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick reply. Not good news but this was always a possibility. Any suggestions for an easy replacement? It is not surface mounted so I don't want to disturb the tiles.

Thanks again

Crew

Sponsored Links
Of course. When it gets to much of a problem I will give it one more try.

Thanks again

Crew

Pour boiling water over it - sometimes heat makes things easier.

Thanks ChrisR. I tried hot water but without success. I may try a hot air gun but I first need to modify the socket I am using to get a 'better grip'.

Crew

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back