Mira Atom ERD or Mira APT ERD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know the difference between these 2 showers?

Have an Atom in main bathroom and was going to get the same for ensuite as have been happy with it for the past 10 years. However I saw the APT and cant tell what the difference is from the descriptions and it seems slightly cheaper

Thanks

Sponsored Links
One delivers 3.4 litres the other 3 litres, so question is what is the supply? In my old house we had a Main 7 boiler, this was the way to get instant hot water before the combi boiler came out, and size of shower was critical, too small and the boiler would cut out, too big and it will not get warm enough, at the time I looked at lovely shower with side jets, but not enough output from boiler, when the shower flex needed renewing we bought cheap flex and head, but head was too small and shower would alternate hot/cold.

Today the modern combi has a lot more latitude and some times a store built in, but still turning down a shower can cause problems when running direct, with a store of hot water it depends on the head, mother house we used a power shower until boiler was changed and we got rid of water store, when the power shower became illegal so had to be swapped.

You don't say what is to supply the shower, and even if you did I am not inclined to look it up for you, however clearly shower and water supply do need to match.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back