Mira Elite st shower cutting out

Yes, a picture is required of the item that trips please, this way we can advise you. If the electrician didnt check properly in the first place then perhaps a new one should be instructed, get one from reccomendation if possible.

Sponsored Links
This is a picture of the fusebox as requested. It is by Proteus and there is a test button which does work.

GALLERY]

It is like pulling teeth...

OK you have two items in the picture. which one trips, the big one with the test button on it or the one next to it??

The picture doesnt show what is writen on the item that trips. Again, what is written on it???

Hello

On the fuse box there is a blue switch on the right that is the one that trips. There is a black switch on the left but that does not change. There is a 40 amp fuse.

There is nothing written on the blue switch. On the front of the switch next to it, where the test switch is, it says 63 mA.

Sponsored Links
I'll up that. £10 says that it does not say 63 mA. :rolleyes:
Do come and collect the £10 if I'm wrong though.

Can't help Anne uless we get told what we ask for. I'm going to do a Dragon's Den - I'm out!

That sounds more realistic!

Does it also say 30ma? or 0.03a somewhere on it?

The MCB to the left of the RCD, what numbers are on there? B32? B40?

That sounds more realistic!

Does it also say 30ma? or 0.03a somewhere on it?

The MCB to the left of the RCD, what numbers are on there? B32? B40?

Thanks for that. Will need to check out the rest of the information. Fuse box difficult to read as in awkward position. Will get back.

Shower engineer said that it is a 40 amp fuse.

Hi, i'm back,

O.K: The blue switch on the right is the switch that keeps tripping. This is the main switch and does not have anything written on it.

The middle switch, is the test switch and on it is written: 63 Amp, 230 V, 0.03 Amp, IEC61008.

On the black switch, on the left, is written: 6508 W, B50, 230/400 V, BSEN60898.

Hope this makes things clearer. :idea:

If that keeps tripping then you need a tidy spark with some test instruments to test the circuit cables, if the cables have acceptable readings then it is back to the shower company.

Be carefull with that cover off, or better still, put it back, there will be connections in there that may well always be live and have no way of turning them off, also the fuse protecting them will not protect you.

Hi, i'm back,

O.K: The blue switch on the right is the switch that keeps tripping. This is the main switch and does not have anything written on it.

The middle switch, is the test switch and on it is written: 63 Amp, 230 V, 0.03 Amp, IEC61008.

There is no 'middle switch'. That is one unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back