Mira event shower disaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a mira event shower (1999).

The other night all of a sudden the electric in the house went off. I traced this to the shower and once isolated the electric is fine.
I thought it might be the pcb and have just replaced it but there is no change, once the power is switched on to the shower it trips the whole house.

My first port of call would usually be to contact a local plumber but as I have been out of work for a few months this is not an option. The cost of the replacement pcb is going to hurt for a few weeks!

Any pointers would be very gratefully received.
My daughters cannot seems to exist without showering.

Ed

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have a mira event shower (1999).

The other night all of a sudden the electric in the house went off. I traced this to the shower and once isolated the electric is fine.
I thought it might be the pcb and have just replaced it but there is no change, once the power is switched on to the shower it trips the whole house.

My first port of call would usually be to contact a local plumber but as I have been out of work for a few months this is not an option. The cost of the replacement pcb is going to hurt for a few weeks!

Any pointers would be very gratefully received.
My daughters cannot seems to exist without showering.

Ed

Why did you think it was the PCB?

Have you conducted basic electrical checks, with a multimeter?

As it is an electrical problem it was the first thing that came to mind.
Not much of a handyman I'm afraid.

Unfortunately I don't have a multimeter and don't know anyone that does.

Does the electric trip as soon as the shower isolator is turned on or when you press the power button on the unit itself?

Sponsored Links
As soon as the shower isolator is turned on.

It's driving me bonkers!

In that case there is almost certainly a fault in the cable between the isolator and the shower, so it'll probably need replacing. Might be that a mouse has chewed it...

As it is an electrical problem it was the first thing that came to mind.
Not much of a handyman I'm afraid.

Unfortunately I don't have a multimeter and don't know anyone that does.

A cheap multimeter, about £20, would probably have been less than the PCB!
I wouldn't be replacing mains cable (muggles) without testing.

How much WAS the PCB - a plumber/electrician may have charged less to rectify

PCB was £32.

I am going to remove it, plug the pipes and close the shower door.
It will have to wait until I can find some work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back