Mira event xs thermostatic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I recently purchased above unit and in clumsiness managed to detach the terminal block from the pcb board where it is soldered to board. Full replacement unit (Mira 453.08) costs approx £40. Question would it be workable / safe to simply source new terminal connector block and solder to pcb board? Seems it should be simple but what variables apply and where might terminal block be sourced? Thanks, PersonL

Sponsored Links
What one have you broke off ? bottom or top one.
Check you haven't damaged the board aswell.

You maybe better of locating a faulty shower and using the board from that.
We get a few of these now & then where the motor fails and customers opt for complete new unit rather than just new brushes/motor.

I'll check you maybe lucky.

Thanks for your reply. It was the mains power input terminal that broke off at point of solder connection to bottom of pcb. I am fairly sure pcb is intact as very localised pressure on terminal block. Mira say they do not offer replacement of other than whole pcb. This seems wastefull and unnecessary. It would be helpful to find suitable terminal pins or replacement block. I have no access to salvaged suitable part locally. Thanks again, Francis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back