Mira Event

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

I currently have a Mira Event shower (Pump/Mixer I believe?) Recently it has started to loose pressure and the normal drone has turned to a high pitched sound. If I turn off the electricity supply briefly then back on again the shower runs fine for approx 20 seconds then kicks into the high pitched sound. Its like the pressure is backing up. I have already cleaned out the shower head. Any one any ideas. Any assistance welcome as my wife is about to blow a head gasket!!! :LOL:

Regards, Kev.

Sponsored Links
have you cleaned out the two filters just above the inlets.
remove the screw in the centre to gain access to filters.
isolate water feeds first.

Was having similar problem to yours,ours turned out to be the control knob set on the front,take this off and see if the shaft on the knob as a split in it and stopping you from turning the shower fully on giving the high pitched whine with little pressure.Mira have a very good helpline and you can order spare parts from here.Their number is 01242 262888 ring between 9am and 5pm i think.

Sponsored Links
Cool I'll at that to the list for this evenings fault finding mission! Thanks again! ;)

Morning all,

well I went home last evening and with a philips screw driver in hand started.......

I first isolated the water supply, then the power supply. I took off the control knobs and the main front cover. The black plastic part near the bottom left had written on it "Isolate before opening" so I opended that (again with the philips driver), after a small splash I had the two filters in my hand. Both of the clogged up with pure mud!! :( There was even a blade of straw in there! So after washing these out and putting the whole assembly back together I turned the power and water back on..........hey presto its working as good as new, an easy job (for someone who is not tech minded :oops: ) and many thanks to all that gave suggestions :D

Regards, Kev.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back