Mira Mixer Shower Difficult to Turn Off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Mira mixer shower which has become very difficult to turn off. I can't find anyway to get the mixer knob off the wall to check the arrangement behind the control.

Does anyone know what is involved in replacing the washer (or whatever) that is behind the control? And how do I remove it from the wall?

Sponsored Links
It may be best to talk to Miras helpdesk. The staff there usually ask you some key questions that will help identify the model and what version of the model it is ( models change over the years ).

If it is a built in model, then usually the face plate clips off. If the installer siliconed around it, then cut it with a stanley knife. You should then see another plate than is often screwed in place. Unscrew it and hopefully ( if installed correctly ) you will now have access to the main valve.

A surface model usually entails pulling of the control knobs to get access.

Mira sell service packs that come with a breakdown diagram. This should help you out. I have to say that most Miras that we strip out were generally fitted incorrectly. They are usually buried in silicone or cement or both. Good luck.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I have managed to determine that it is a Mira 723 - about 15 years old, I think.

Easy when we know :cool:

Price out the cap on the end.
undo screw.
remove circlip.
pull off knob.
undo the two screws.
and it all pulls apart.

Do I need to add turn the water off first

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

if you want me to scan the instruction send me an email, ( in my profile) :LOL:

Thanks, do I need to replace the cartridge or is it something else?

erskine said:
Thanks, do I need to replace the cartridge or is it something else?

No you need to clean it all and put it back in the same order.

you may need to get a service kit which includes all the O ring washers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back