Mira power shower - replace brushes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Mira Event power shower pump has been playing up and I am wondering if the brushes need replacing. There is still some of the brush touching the motor but there is probably only a few mm left on it as you cannot see any of it from the other end in the photo.

At what point do you know whether to replace them for e.g. what length should they be?

Thanks for any help!

shower1.jpg
shower2.jpg

Sponsored Links
1. If you look on the internet for "Mira Event brushes" you will see that they appear to be 25 mm in length when new.
2. However, the commutator on the motor of your shower looks very worn. Might not be worth replacing the brushes.
3. If its more than 2 or 3 years old, I'd suggest replacing the shower, or at least changing the whole motor.

Always worth replacing the brushes in the first instance - they're much cheaper than a new motor and it usually does the trick

Sponsored Links
1. If you look on the internet for "Mira Event brushes" you will see that they appear to be 25 mm in length when new.
2. However, the commutator on the motor of your shower looks very worn. Might not be worth replacing the brushes.
3. If its more than 2 or 3 years old, I'd suggest replacing the shower, or at least changing the whole motor.

Thanks. Surely a shower should last more than 2-3 years though? Yes the brushes are 25mm when new but I was trying to find out at what length they should be replaced.

Always worth replacing the brushes in the first instance - they're much cheaper than a new motor and it usually does the trick

Thanks. I've ordered some brushes just waiting for them to arrive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back