Mira Event Power Shower Flow Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My ageing Mira event thermostatic power shower cut out the other day, prior to this the pump motor was sounding a little rough, still maintaining pressure though. I checked the motor brushes and these were worn right down with virtually nothing left. I renewed the brushes as the price of parts is a real rip-off. I made sure that the shower was primed correctly etc, and cleaned the inlet filters. The pump seems to run ok although it does sound slightly weaker than it used too. The only problem is that the water pressure is really poor compared to what it used to be. The pump is speeding up and slowing down correctly with the speed control/flow knob. The water is also being mixed correctly to the correct temperature. I have a feeling that motor/pump assembly is probably faulty, but the cost of the parts really bothers me. Is there anyway of possibly checking the motor for faults with a multimeter etc? I am also concerned that it could be the mixer as I am not entirely sure how these operate, although it is maintaining the temperature correctly. The way that the shower failed initially, and that the mixer has always worked fine makes think that the motor is maybe too damaged or worn out or maybe the pump has broken. Just wondered if there were any checks that could be done on the motor possibly. It is a real shame that this shower is not available anymore as I think I would maybe just buy a new one as the parts are stupid money. The Event XS is available but the parts are not quite the same and I would have to re-tile the whole bathroom if I was to swap boxes completely. Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back