Mira shower cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently been told my 9kw shower is on a 6mm cable. The shower works ok and there has not been any problems since I had it installed 2 years ago. I asked what are the implications of this but no one seemed to have an answer................is my shower safe to use?

Sponsored Links
This is really an electrician's question, my view would be that if it's existing and working leave it alone

There is a cable size chart here if it helps http://www.new-team-showers.co.uk/How-To_Installing_Electric_Showers.html

I know that even a 10.5Kw can be run on 6mm if the cable is short and it is not encased in anything, I think most sparks would over size more than take it to the minimum size, I open some shower electric shower instructions for a model I have here and it says that you can have 6MM cable up to 21 meters long for 9Kw.

I would ask a sparks though!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back