Mira shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Mira shower keeps resetting....i turn off the power supply and turn it back on and the red light shows and then the shower cuts out. Any ideas...its about 8-10 years old.

Attachments

• 14955602539902081045712.jpg
    14955602539902081045712.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 6,779
Sponsored Links
Tried taking hose and head off and ran ok from unit without resetting. Then when put hose back on it reset again.

Sponsored Links
I've just tried it again and the reset button comes on without the shower head on ....so it's not the head.

I don't think it's the hose now as the reset light comes on even when I disconnect it..
.where would the filter be found ???

Power off, water isolation valve off, case off, then use @newboy 's diagram to see where the filter is. It's a plastic nut that screws into the cold inlet valve, unscrew that and check the filter's clean.

On the pipework supplying the shower you need to find an isolator before attempting any repair (as well as isolating the electrical supply before it reaches the shower - at the consumer unit preferably)

Correction to post #9 - Part number is 1829.062

In your pic, bottom right, it's is a plain screwdriver slot in the ISO valve. Insert and turn the screwdriver 90 deg until the slot is horizontal.

Are you sure you're confident enough to do this? Maybe get someone with exp in as you could cause damage? Needs a reasonable level of DIY skill to do this safely TBH.

That's why I'm asking questions....i haven't got a clue ....i can follow instructions but I work in am office and don't know any diy.

I have a wife and two kids so we don't have much money..thats why I'm trying to fix it myself. My 12 year old daughter is going up the wall as she isn't able to wash her hair as is my wife.. .we are currently running the bath at 630 each morning. Sob story over.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back