Mira shower tray - off set legs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some tiling planned for my en-suite. In preparation i took the side of my raised shower tray off.

Underneath looks like a horror show to my untrained eye. Rather then have manufactuer fit legs the house builder appears to have the try sitting on some chipboard with 4 legs screwed into that.

So I have started looking at replacing the tray. The tray is in the corner with plumbing around the side of the wall which will interfere with legs on a shower tray if they are fitted on each corner. I notice Mira have an accessory for their trays that allow the legs to be installed offset for such a scenario.

I was wondering whetehr anyone has come across these adapters and if so do you just need one leg fitted still or two at each corner. see the attached.

thanks

Sponsored Links
In work I am currently fititng new bathrooms and kitchens to all flats within the block.

We use these offset legs regularly along with the Mira shower trays for getting the pipework round the leg to supply the rest of the bathroom.

They are very straight forward, if you only need one you don't need one at the other end to stabilize it or anything, one is fine.

You just fit the offset leg adaptor into the position where the leg would go, then choose one of the two slots to put the regular leg in, whichever suits you best. Strong and sturdy, no worries.

Good luck.

thanks for the quick response.

do these adaptors rotate 360 once fitted to the tray so you can place the leg where ever is most convenient within its circumference?

I think that question makes sense!

There's nothing wrong with bedding a tray on a wooden plinth instead of using adjustable legs. Many consider it a better installation method, giving even support over the entire tray, instead of just half a dozen points.

IMO adjustable legs offer little lateral support, so the tray always end up a bit wobbly unless it is fixed to the walls to stabilise it.

Chipboard is usually considered a poor choice of material for use near water. Even a minor leak can turn it into something resembling soggy weetabix.

18mm WPB plywood would make a better top for a plinth. No need for marine ply - once installed, you are not going to see it. Screw that to some 4X2s or similar fixed to the floor to finish at your preferred height.
Space the bearers to support the ply, avoid pipework, and so you can get at any waste fittings etc.

It is usual to bed trays into a layer of weak mortar. That takes up any minor irregularities between tray and plinth, allows fine adjustment to set it level in all directions, and doesn't move once it has set.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't fuss with that, just put four folding-wedge supports under it cut from old joist.

62039509.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back