Mira Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Mira Excel mixer shower is about 14 years old, white coloured and all the controls and valves etc are behind wall. A few days ago it began to leak and I was told a new cartridge was needed. Professionally repaired by proper plumber etc. First there was no hot water to the shower when it was turned on. The temp control on the front turned but no change. Got the plumber back and he altered the thermostat or some thing. Not present when he did it but my wife was so no knowledge there. This time nothing but hot water. It seems that when the temp control on the front is turned there is no cold water coming in. I've had the whole assembly apart to see what there is. When I did this I could see that in the back behind all the covers there was a blue and red plate which obviously refer to the water feed. When you turn on the shower these plates move to let the water flow. I just wonder if there is an inherent fault with this new cartridge. I also need to find out how to regulate the water temp before my skin totally dissolves with the heat. Can anyone help?????? I'm no plumber so keep it simple.

Sponsored Links
Mira Excel cartridges http://www.shower-spares.co.uk/mira/mira_excel_diagram_9096.htm are thermostatic, so should cut out when there is only hot being supplied. I suggest you get your man back to check the cartridge, and if its faulty, change it. They are normally very reliable, fit and forget. Just double check to see if the cartridge is the correct way round. To adjust the temperature up or down, set the temp control knob (normally purple in colour, part 410.51 on diag) in the vertical position, remove it and set it back either to the right to adjust up, or to the left to adjust down.

Hope this helps :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back