Mira Sport 10.8Kw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, wondering if anybody can help.

I have a Mira Sport 10.8Kw, the shower turns on and produces hot water. After a little while the "overheat" LED illuminates, the water gets very hot then very cold, the LED goes out and it is usable again for a bit and it keeps going through this cycle.

Am I correct in suspecting the thermal switch? Would it need to be removed and checked for continuity with a meter and if it is open circuit replacing? What else would need checking and how?

Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
Hi All, wondering if anybody can help.

I have a Mira Sport 10.8Kw, the shower turns on and produces hot water. After a little while the "overheat" LED illuminates, the water gets very hot then very cold, the LED goes out and it is usable again for a bit and it keeps going through this cycle.

Am I correct in suspecting the thermal switch? Would it need to be removed and checked for continuity with a meter and if it is open circuit replacing? What else would need checking and how?

Thanks in advance :)

No need to check for continuity, as your Thermal cutout switch is working as it produces hot water, if the TCO goes, it doesnt warm up at all.

There are parts you can buy for nearly all showers but they are cheap enough to replace now.

You can get a 10.5kw triton for about 80 quid now

You have a flow issue.

Check the stopcock/isolation valves are open fully.
Clean inlet filter.
Check shower head is not scaled.
Check hose inner has not collapsed or kinked.

Run the shower with head off first does it improve ?

Thank you both for your input.

The stop cock is fully open, however I shall clean the filter, and run it with the head off and report back.

Sponsored Links
Right, well have just had the water off and checked the filter it is clean as a whistle.

Stop cock open fully. I have removed the hose and checked that it isn't collapsed and it is fine. Removed the shower head and ran the shower and still the same issue.

Any other ideas? Failing that I may just invest in a new one. It has given 9+ years of service without issue thus far.

On the medium setting it seems to be fine if the temperature is kept before the 2 O Clock position. Anything after and it goes hot cold and the "overheat" illuminates. But obviously the shower is to cold to use.

What the showers to cold at 2 o clock setting ?
And at 3 o clock it starts to cycle ?

Are you getting a low flow neon on at all ?

At the 2 O Clock position on Medium, the water is luke warm and just about bearable. Much after 2 O clock position it starts to cycle. On th hight position it does it from the 12 o clock position onwards.

The low flow LED hasn't lit up at all and nothing else in the house is using any water so it has the shower has full pressure/flow.

Sounds like you have a flow valve fault.

If the dial is at cold setting it should be a strong flow turning it round to max hot it should reduce down to a trickle.
Does it reduce even or all of a sudden ?

Try this with the shower on low setting then you won't keep tripping the tco out.

Thanks.

I have just tried this on the Low setting.

With the dial on the coldest setting there is more flow coming through the shower head, it decreases gradually as it is turned up to the hottest setting. The flow reduction seems very gradual and progressive as the temperature is adjusted.

Can you run it without the hose and try ?

It's a pain when you can't see the job.
The trouble with hoses they can look ok but a slight bit of warm water makes them swell inside when faulty and cause restricts flow making the shower very hot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back