Mira sport shower not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, our Mira sport shower has suddenly stopped working. There's a light on the unit but when you press the 'on' button, it goes out. No water comes out on any setting.
Is it done for? The only thing that I'm convinced affected it is it happened the same day as they were doing water works in the area and the pressure went all funny. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Well, you can check to see if any debris has come down the main and blocked the outlet/filter. Also try turning it off/on at the main switch/isolator.

Ring the manufacturer and if it's truly down to the water board doing work outside then you may have some recourse that way... ask the manufacturer's tech support dept.

Thanks, I have turned it off at mains but no difference. I'll have a look how to clear the filter. Thanks

Hi, we checked the inlet, there was nothing there. I'll ring Mira later but any thoughts or other suggestions please?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it under warranty?
Sounds like it's kaput.
Mira will be your best option to call and see what they say.

I would check the electric isolating switch ( pull cord on ceiling ,or wall switch outside bathroom ). even though the neon light works on the shower .isolate the shower circuit at fuse board or consumer unit before opening switch .look for signs of overheating of cable insulation and loose cable at terminals. if all looks OK ,you then need an electrical multimeter to test that the switch is actually working. you said shower stopped working suddenly. I ASSUME , you used it then turned off the isolation switch ,and next time you went to use it ,put switch on and it didn't work. if so that certainly puts the switch on the top of the list to check out.

Thanks for your replies. It's at least 5 years old (predates us at the house) so not under warranty.
I have to say we never use the isolation switch, we always leave it on. It was my husband who noticed it wasn't working - he said it just didn't turn on one day.
The power light is on on the shower - but when you press the on/off button that light goes off.
I'll ring Mira and in the meantime prepare myself for a new shower... we don't really want to retile etc, do you think we can just install the new unit in the same place?
Sally

i would still verify the condition of the isolation switch before going to the expense of changing the shower. if you do need a new shower changing " like for like " is usually more straightforward than choosing a completely different make or model .

As terryplumb said i would be checking the power connections in the isolation switch or the shower. sounds like a bad connection.

How you doing Andy ?
pop in now and then, Stopped going on here afew yr back after kevplumb left, It wasn't the crack we use to have
the late night fun went.

Hope all is well Andy
Whats going on with the thanks received ? u still not caught me up LOL.

Hope all is well Andy
Whats going on with the thanks received ? u still not caught me up LOL.

I don't get many thanks as most of my replies are normally sarcastic.

My reply to this thread would be- '5year old electric shower, buy a new one it's not worth fixing!!!'

Andy

Thanks everyone, we were all set to buy a new shower but checked the isolation switch and it only had 40w coming out of it! (Despite dh swearing blind there was nothing wrong with it...) so all repaired and saved ourselves £300+!
And no more queuing up for the shower in the morning...
Many thanks :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back