Mira sport

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I’ve a mira sport that’s just decided to run cold, the power light is on and the low flow not lit, but no heat.
I’ve been told it could be this ( TCO ) ?
I’ve tested across with multi meter and I don’t have continuity ? So is this the culprit ?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5428.jpeg
    IMG_5428.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5426.jpeg
    IMG_5426.jpeg
    267.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5429.jpeg
    IMG_5429.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 19
Sponsored Links
Sometimes if you take that type of stat off and throw it down onto a hard surface you can get them to reset. you may also need to find out if there was a reason for it going over temp and failing.

I’ve tested across with multi meter and I don’t have continuity ? So is this the culprit ?

No continuity, is a definite cause of no heat, but there might be other reasons.

Inside, there is a bi-metal disk, slightly domed shape. If they overheat, the dome pops the other way, breaking the contacts. Which is what has happened to yours. Some of them have a tiny button, so they can be reset, it would normally be in the very centre of that orange coloured disk. If you drill a 2mm hole there, very carefully, so it only goes through the plastic case, you should be able to prod the disk with a suitably small implement, to make it reset.

Sponsored Links
There are two discs in this, its called a duo disc. one operates at 48C and is self resetting, you will hear it operating ~ 15/20 secs after every time you switch off the shower, the other operates at 75C, if it does then the TCO should be renewed as its possible that the 48C one has failed, be careful handling the new one and do not press the disc(s) with your finger(s) while installing it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back